Sunday, April 11, 2010

April Goodness!

Last week, I was able to go with Fatima, Siham, and Abdlhadi (my host sister and brother) to go see Fatima’s mother and father, who lives up in the mountains an hour and a half away. It was I tried to spend as much time away from my notebook and see if I could rely on my wits, and I did and okay job. There were several brothers who were still living at home with the parents, because they were teenagers, and one new couple with a son that is also around Abdlhadi’s age. It was the funniest thing to watch them play together. The town was gorgeous and the drive over was SOOOOO cool. I think it would be so interesting to go see it with a geologist (hint hint uncle Garrett!) so I can know what the heck was going on. I got to see the Monkey hands as they are described, look em up.

This week was a little bit relaxed in terms of motivation; our LCF noticed and had a little disappointment chat with us. It was a little aggravating, but I am glad that he did it. Our group has split into the three people that are struggling with many of the concepts and then the three of us that are ready to move on to the next thing. I try to realize how far we have come in a month and a half of training and I am really surprised at my and the other people’s ability to communicate. I didn’t think that we would pick it up this fast.

Two girls in the group and I decided to go see the gorge for our days off. It was an hour and half taxi ride. It has been so nice to get out for our days off. We were able to wander all over the souq and go see the gorge! YAY! It reminded me so much of Zion Canyon in Southern Utah. So “gorge-ous”!

I have had some questions about what I wear. I am more conservative in what I wear than some of the Peace Corps girls. I will typically wear jeans, T-shirt, a scarf, and a sweater that is long enough that it hangs over my butt. I also wear dresses that are short and I pair it with jeans. I have been just wearing my clothes from America, but I might buy a couple of dresses during my time here.

Hope everyone is doing oh so wonderful wherever you may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment