Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Landed, and my internet is in French.

I am here! Yes I have already swum in a pool, it was FREEZING, but worth it J. We flew in from JFK to Casablanca on a red eye and arrived at 740 ish this morning. I had gotten little over 1 hour of sleep on the plane… exhausted! After going through customs we, all 70 of us, took a two hour bus ride to Marrakesh. We are staying on night here in a hotel and then we are heading out to Ouarzazate tomorrow morning at 7:30! So far it has been wonderful. It is an amazing region which we have landed, its very green, but it is because there has been excessive rains... which in addition to the luscious which I so love, also causes flooding. I feel like the next little bit (two months, and especially the next two weeks) are going to be a whirlwind! I am going to try my little darndest to keep you all updated, but it might be a while.

Baslama!

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear Rose! I hope you get to ride a camel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great travel day(s)! All great civilizations come out of the desert (Las Vegas?). Hope you enjoy the new digs and all the hard work so you can do good work.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad: I don't think that Las Vegas is umm... that great of a civilization ;)

    I hope I get to ride the camel too! Maybe? I could be near the Sahara!?

    ReplyDelete